I'm a historian of early America who practices scholarly history, public history, and digital humanities, primarily as the Digital Projects Editor for the Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture.
Scholarship in Progress
Over my lifetime I have witnessed the polarization of American political and cultural communities. My digital work attempts to lessen these divisions by building a shared community interest in early American history. My traditional scholarship informs my digital work by investigating how early Americans overcame cultural and political diversity to form local, regional, and national communities.
- Ben Franklin's World: A Podcast About Early American History
- Doing History podcast series
- Twitter for History Communications
- Uncommonplace Book Blog
- Digital Publication
- Book Project: America's First Gateway: Albany, New York and the Making of America
- Book Project: America's Forgotten Constitution: The Articles of Confederation